Northern Michigan's Summer Power Zone
We ask two masters of Northern Michigan summer weekend living to share tips on how not to let the most glorious time of year slip by without indulgence.
Aug 16, 2013 Jeff Smith
(page 8 of 8)
Beverages by the Bay
Mike and Kirstin are known to enjoy sharing a beverage among friends, but also are big fans of responsible boating. So mix tastefully and know your limits. Designated driver recommended especially on boats. In Michigan, you can get busted for being intoxicated when driving a boat.
We’re known as the Bloody Mary boat,” says Kirstin. Here’s her tasty rendition of the classic.
• 1 part vodka
• 2 parts Mike & Mrs. T horseradish
• Few shakes of Alden Mill Spice House Bloody Mary Mix (shop in Alden)
• Juice from either a jar of pickles or pickled dilly green beans
• Pickled dilly green beans for garnish
• 1 part tequila
• 2 parts Jose Cuervo Light classic lime mix
• Half a shot of Grand Marnier liqueur
• Squeeze of fresh lime
• Shake in shaker
• Pour into glass with salted rim
This article is also featured in the August 2013 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan's Magazine. Get your copy now!