« Back to the list of recipes
Bavette Cacio e Pepe
Rustic pasta recipe courtesy Mario Batali, from Simple Italian Cooking.
By: Mario Batalli
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound bavette or linguini fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cacio di Roma, for grating
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over high heat until it is almost smoking. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the boiling water according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving the cooking liquid, and add to the sauté pan with the oil. Add the butter and toss over high heat 1 minute. Grate plenty of cheese and black pepper over, add salt if necessary and serve immediately, divided evenly among 4 warmed pasta bowls.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.