« Back to the list of recipes
Black Bean Corn Salad
This fresh, tangy, festive dish packs well for a picnic.
By: Patty LaNoue Stearns
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 4 baby cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 16-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked frozen or fresh corn
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, including green
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine beans, cucumbers, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, onions and jalapeño pepper. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, cumin and mustard. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Pour the dressing over the bean mixture; stir in cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. To serve, bring to room temperature. Serves 8–12.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.