« Back to the list of recipes
A dessert featuring apricots, cardamom, lemon juice, mascarpone cheese and crushed pistachios.
By: Mary Perzigian
These look chic and pretty, are a snap to throw together, and are perfect when there’s really only room for one more bite. The recipe comes from spice maven Mary Perzigian at Pizelle Gourmet Pantry & Spice in Manistee.
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 12 ounces dried apricots
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios, shelled and crushed
- Apricot preserves (optional)
Bring water, sugar, lemon juice and cardamom to a boil then reduce to simmer. Add the apricots. When the apricots are softened and plump (after about 8 minutes) remove them from the water and cool. Open the apricots and fill with a little mascarpone cheese. Sprinkle the mascarpone with crushed pistachios. Glaze with melted apricot preserves, if desired. Serve chilled.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.