Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Recipe from Traverse City
By: Diane Kolak
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
This is art director Diane Kolak’s family recipe—it bakes up like a rich, moist brownie.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa (Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate is divine)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat egg, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in zucchini. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to zucchini mixture and mix well. Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes. Makes 8–12 servings.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.