« Back to the list of recipes
Coconut-Apricot-Pumpkin Seed Granola
Roast up a batch of this crunchy granola for dark winter weekday mornings. Knowing it’s waiting in the kitchen makes me jump right out of bed.—E.B.T
By: Emily Betz Tyra
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup coconut
- 1/3 cup hulled, raw green pumpkin seeds
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl stir together oats, almonds, coconut, pumpkin seeds, and salt. In a small saucepan melt butter with honey over low heat, stirring. Pour butter-honey mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined well.
Cover large jellyroll pan with aluminum foil for quick cleanup. Spread granola evenly on pan and bake in middle of oven, stirring halfway through, until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool granola in pan on a rack and stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 2 weeks.
Cook’s note: use unsalted butter; otherwise the granola will be salty.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.