« Back to the list of recipes
Cranberry Apple Crisp
Bring a scarlet red cranberry apple crisp to the table.
By: Emily Betz Tyra
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 6 medium tart apples, pared and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Position oven rack in middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch-square baking pan or pie plate. In a large bowl mix the apples and cranberries with the sugar until coated. Transfer to baking pan. In a small bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon (optional). Work in butter with two knives until light and crumbly. Sprinkle topping over apples and cranberries in the baking pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans (optional). Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are tender. Watch to make sure pecans do not burn. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serves 9
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.