« Back to the list of recipes
Deer Camp Granola
Nutty and golden granola recipe features oatmeal, almonds, bran cereal and sunflower seeds.
By: Virginia Pierce
Virginia stores this nutty and golden granola in an airtight Mason jar in the cabin.
- 10 cups uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups almonds
- 3/4 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups raisins or dried cherries
Preheat oven to 300º F. Mix together all ingredients except dried fruit in a large low roaster pan. Spread evenly in the pan and bake for 1 hour. Remove, let cool, then add dried cherries or raisins. Mix. Serves 12.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.