« Back to the list of recipes
Feta Parcels with Figs
Recipe for Feta Parcels with Figs.
By: Kim Schneider
- 1 1/2 pounds feta cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped savory or thyme
- 1 8-ounce package phyllo pastry
- 24 dried figs or dates, halved
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Scallion or leek strips, blanched (optional)
Preheat oven to 375º. In a bowl, mash cheese and olive oil with a fork and season with herbs. Cut sheets of phyllo into 4-inch squares. Spoon 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture into the center of each, add a fig or date half, and draw the sides up to form a pouch. Press edges together with water to seal. Lightly brush each pouch with melted butter and bake for 10–15 minutes until crisp and golden. For a festive look, tie a blanched scallion or leek strip around each parcel. Makes 48 parcels.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.