« Back to the list of recipes
Folgarelli's Salmon Mousse
traverse city salmon mousse, folgarelli's traverse city, folgarelli's
By: Ron Bialy
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (not lox)
- 1⁄2 pound Mascarpone cheese
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch powdered garlic
- Pinch powdered onion
- Pinch dried tarragon
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes or any small, sweet pepper
Blend all ingredients on high speed until smooth. Place the mousse mixture in a pastry bag and squeeze onto 1⁄8-inch-thick slices of squash or in hollowed-out cherry tomatoes or small peppers. Makes about 50 appetizers.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.