Grandma Betty's Waffles
By: Betty Currey
At Currey Farms Pure Maple Syrup in Charlevoix, a lull in the sap flow is an excuse for a waffle breakfast in Betty Currey’s farmhouse kitchen. The recipe is Betty’s tried and true; the syrup, of course, is from the farm.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in eggs, oil and milk. Pour onto pre-heated waffle iron. Cook till golden brown. Eat with real Michigan maple syrup.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.