« Back to the list of recipes
The tangy citrus and ripe avocado combo makes a refreshing side to Mexican dishes.
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted*, sprinkled with lime juice
- 2 ruby red grapefruit
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Fresh chives or cilantro, chopped for garnish
*To remove the pit from the avocados: halve lengthwise, gently tap the pit with the sharp edge of a big knife, twist the pit free.
Over a bowl, use a sharp paring knife to remove peel and pit from grapefruit and carve out fruit segments from between membranes. Add fresh lime juice to bowl. Place each avocado half on a plate, top each with grapefruit mixture, a sprinkle of coarse salt, and fresh chopped chives or cilantro. Serves 4.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.