« Back to the list of recipes
Grilled Peaches on Vanilla Ice Cream
Grill tree-ripe peaches to put over vanilla ice cream.
By: Emily Betz Tyra
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 12 ripe medium peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 or 2 half-gallon containers vanilla ice cream
Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Toss them in a bowl with the almond extract and brown sugar. Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Grill peaches skin side down until skin is slightly charred, about 3 minutes. Turn and grill on the other side until you get nice grill marks, about 1 minute. Serve grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream, if desired. Serves 12.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.