Hot Mulled Michigan Cider
By: Patty LaNoue Stearns
“Making this cider is mental preparation for the holidays,” says Jason Gollan, co-owner, with his wife Linda, of Frankfort’s Crescent Bakery. They get their fresh cider from
Walton’s on M-115 in town.
Crescent Bakery, Frankfort, 231-352-4611
- 12 ounces fresh Michigan apple cider
- 1/8 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- (or other high-quality cinnamon)
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
In a saucepan, heat the cider and Vietnamese cinnamon gently over medium-low heat until hot. Garnish with cinnamon stick. Serves 1.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.