Jalapeño Peppers Stuffed with Italian Sausage.
Recipe for jalapeño peppers stuffed with Italian sausage.
By: Betty Neff
Jalapeño peppers stuffed with Italian sausage and cream cheese are a perfect appetizer, particularly at the holidays. Read about Betty's husband Brian Neff, an old-world sausage-maker from Petoskey and the craft and joy found in his sausage-making.
- 1 pound of Italian bulk sausage
- 6 whole fresh jalapeño peppers
- 16 ounces of cream cheese (two 8-ounce packages)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown the sausage until no longer pink and drain off fat, if any. Clean peppers: Remove stems, cut jalapeños in half lengthwise, remove seeds. Put onto a cookie sheet. With a hand mixer, mix cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and browned sausage. Stuff jalapeños with the mixture and bake for 15 minutes. Serve while still warm. Makes 12.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.