Longtime Elberta foodie and caterer Jim Barnes shares marinades and dips for that simple but elegant dinner stalwart, the kebab. (Contact Barnes at 231-651-9834 or www.crystallakecatering.com.)
By: Jim Barnes
- 2 pound cubed lamb*
- 1 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, skewer with marinated veggies.
Marinate cubed lamb and precut veggies before you skewer for kebab. Grill kebabs until the lamb is done to your liking. Find fresh veggies, herbs and meats at local farms or farm markets. Serves 4.
*Source: Loving Dove Farm, 231-889-0818 or at Elberta Farmers Market
Wine pairing: Merlot blend
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.