« Back to the list of recipes
Lemon-Cheese Pressed Cookies
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 11⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
In a mixer, blend butter and cream cheese on medium speed. Add sugar, and cream thoroughly. Add egg, lemon juice and rind. Blend well. Add flour and baking powder and mix. Chill dough at least 30 minutes, or even better, overnight. Force the dough through a cookie press on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool on a rack. Makes about 5 dozen 2-inch cookies.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.