« Back to the list of recipes
This recipe has been a potluck hit at my house for 15 years. It’s juicy, flavorful and great on the grill, but in winter, simply broil it or cook it on the stovetop in a grill pan (I love my Le Creuset).—Patty LaNoue Stearns
By: Patty LaNoue Stearns
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt, preferably Fleur de Sel
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, preferably Madagascar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Grate the zest from the lemon and lime into a medium bowl. Add the juice from the lemon and lime, plus olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne or red pepper. Mix well. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover or place ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag and marinate up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Prepare a fire, broiler or grill pan on stove. Grill on hot for at least five minutes on each side. Let rest 2–3 minutes. Serves 6.
Patty LaNoue Stearns is a freelancer in Traverse City.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.