« Back to the list of recipes
Mesclun and Frisée Salad with Candied Walnuts and Garlic Croutons
Mesclun and Frisée Salad with Candied Walnuts and Garlic Croutons for 6
By: Pascal Frapech
Make a caramel with the sugar. When golden pour it over the walnuts and bake at 375º until the nuts are roasted and the caramel covers them all. Cool so that they are easier to break in pieces.
- ¼ baguette
- 1 clove garlic, cleaned
Slice the bread, rub it with garlic and bake for 5 to 7 minutes at 350º. Cool then cube.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 ounces Jerez, Spanish sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 to 5 ounces olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Whisk ingredients together.
- 3 cups mesclun mix
- 12 frisée lettuce hearts
- 2 nectarines, sliced into 12 wedges
- 1 bunch green onion slices
Wash lettuce and mix all together. Add green onions.
Arrange nectarine wedges, two to a plate. Lightly toss salad with candied walnuts, garlic croutons and dressing. Top nectarine wedges with salad.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.