Norwegian Strawberries ’n’ Cream Waffle Cones
By: Elizabeth Edwards
Norwegians make their own cone-shaped, cardamom-flavored waffle cookies for this dessert. We took a shortcut and bought waffle cones at a local ice cream shop, then added the cardamom to the whipped cream.
This ice cream works great as part of an Up North Crayfish Feast!
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- 1 pint cleaned, hulled and sliced strawberries
- 4 waffle cones
Begin whipping the cream. Slowly add vanilla, cardamom and sugar. Whip until soft peaks form. Fold in strawberries. Put in freezer and chill until almost solid. Fill cones.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.