« Back to the list of recipes
Olive-Caper Paste Recipe
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or
- 11⁄2 teaspoons dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Grated peel (no white attached)
- of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
Place the olives in a colander and rinse well under cold running water. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the pitted olives, onion, capers, oregano, olive oil, vinegar and lemon peel. Process to a spreading consistency. Season to taste with the pepper and store in a small jar in the refrigerator. Makes 1 cup
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.