« Back to the list of recipes
Pistachio Moon Melts
By: Kim Schneider
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups dry roasted pistachios, toasted
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325º. In large mixer bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed until creamy (1–2 minutes). Reduce speed to low: add all remaining ingredients except toasted pistachios and powdered sugar. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (about a minute). Coarsely chop pistachios to yield 1 cup: stir into dough. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls: form into crescent moons. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 12–16 minutes or until set but not brown. Let stand 5 minutes: remove from cookie sheets. Roll in powdered sugar while still warm and again when cool. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.