« Back to the list of recipes
Use a Northern Michigan Riesling and raclette cheese for a nutty, rich fondue.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup Riesling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces Swiss Emmentaler cheese
- 14 ounces raclette cheese (blackstarfarms.com/creamery)
- 4 tablespoons kirsch
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
Rub the interior of a stainless steel pot with the garlic halves and discard them. Place the pot over medium heat, add the wine and gently heat about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice, add the cheeses.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When the cheese is melted, stir in the kirsch and cornstarch. Season with black pepper and nutmeg.
Serve in a fondue pot over a flame with crusty baguette cubes, tart apple slices or roasted potatoes. Serves 4.
Recipe from Anne Hoyt, cheesemaker at Leelanau Cheese Co.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.