« Back to the list of recipes
Red Fox Inn Tomato Pudding
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
The Red Fox Inn was known for this creamy, sweet side dish. Here’s the recipe as found in Easy Entertaining, by Edith Gilbert (Frederick Fell).
- 12 ounce can cooked tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry white bread cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
Drain tomatoes and combine in a saucepan with sugar, butter, salt and bread. Cook slowly for 21/2 hours. Remove from stove and put into a baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 375°. Makes 6 servings.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.