« Back to the list of recipes
Roasted Asparagus Bundles with Blue Cheese and Crumbled Bacon
Serve these pretty bundles alongside sliced skirt steak and roasted potatoes.
By: Emily Betz Tyra
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 2 1/2 pounds medium asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 bunches fresh chives
Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 500°F. Toss asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper in a large baking pan and arrange in a layer. Roast, shaking pan once about halfway through roasting, until asparagus is just tender, about 8 minutes total. To serve, tie a few spears into bundles using chives and sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon. Makes 6 servings.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.