A refreshing and intriguing summer sipper.
By: Emily Betz Tyra
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- Pinch salt
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 cups water, one reserved for sugar mixture
Combine sugar, 1 cup water, 3 sprigs rosemary, salt, and lemon zest in a saucepan and bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook at least 10 minutes at medium heat to infuse flavors. Strain rosemary and lemon peel and discard. Cool the sugar mixture. Stir it with the fresh lemon juice and the remaining water and garnish with remaining 3 sprigs. Serve over ice. Makes about 10 servings.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.