« Back to the list of recipes
Shirley Tracey’s Flax Seed Muffins
By: Shirley Tracey
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flax seed meal
- 1 cup 7 grain cereal (Quaker, Hodgson Mills, or Old Fashioned Oats)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 bananas (sliced)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 20oz. can crushed pineapple
mix till liquid
mix wet and dry separate, then mix together
Put in tins sprayed with oil; cook in preheated 350º oven until toothpick comes out clean.
Large Muffins - 30 minutes
Medium Muffins - 25 minutes
Small Muffins - 18 minutes
If muffins are dry they are overcooked.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.