« Back to the list of recipes
Spiced Apple Chutney
An apple chutney recipe with a pleasant kick of green chili pepper, ginger and turmeric.
Excellent on meat and poultry, this chutney has a pleasant kick. Recipe yields about 16 ounces, though it can be easily doubled for canning.
- 1/2 pound apples (choose different varieties),
- peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, seeds removed and
- finely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
Put all the ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 30–40 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Let
cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.