Spiced Roasted Almonds
The perfect protein punch on the trail or by the fire.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 large egg white
- 11/2 tablespoons sugar
- 11/2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 11/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with nonstick spray. Whisk egg white in medium bowl until foamy. Whisk in sugar, rosemary, salt, and cayenne. Add nuts; mix to coat. Transfer to baking sheet, spreading nuts in single layer. Roast nuts until golden, stirring every 10 minutes, about 40 minutes. Cool completely on sheet. (Can be made 1 day ahead.) Makes 2 cups.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.