Spicy Carrot Dip
This spicy, aromatic dip is from the lavishly illustrated Recipes from Morocco(Oliver Books).
- 1 pound large carrots, peeled
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Black olives or radishes for garnish
Cut carrots into large chunks (baby carrots work fine, too) and boil in salted water for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Puree carrots in a food processor or blender, add the spices, oil and vinegar and mix well. Add salt to taste. Let cool, then refrigerate.
Serve cold, garnished with olives or radishes. Use as a dip for crudités or with flatbread. Serves 4–8.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.