« Back to the list of recipes
Strawberry Kale Salad with Dill Buttermilk Dressing
A vibrant salad with fresh berries and a tangy buttermilk dressing.
By: Emily Betz Tyra
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 1 head purple kale, leaves separated, rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped
- Fresh dill, chopped
Tear kale leaves into bite-sized pieces, and combine with strawberries, blueberries, yellow bell pepper, onion, jicama, and celery in a large shallow bowl. Whisk together all dressing ingredients in another bowl. Pass at table to drizzle on individual salads. Serves 8 to 10.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.