Summer Fruit Smoothie
A smoothie is a fresh and delicious way to celebrate Northern Michigan's orchard traditions.
By: Taste the Local Difference
1/2 cup frozen tart or sweet cherries, pitted 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon cherry juice concentrate 1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
8 ice cubes - optional
1. Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
2. Pour into two chilled glasses.
Depending on the season, substitute peaches, apricots or strawberries for the cherries or blueberries.
Maple syrup can be substituted for honey.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.