« Back to the list of recipes
Ted Cizma’s Arugula, Watercress and Goat Cheese Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Sup on this fresh salad from Aerie’s executive chef—it’s truly a breath of spring.
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups young arugula
- 2 cups small watercress sprigs
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese (about 4 ounces)
Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, shallot, and honey in blender. Season dressing to taste with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Combine remaining 1/2 cup raspberries, greens, watercress, and pine nuts in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide salad among four plates. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serves four.
Chef’s note: I utilize sustainably farmed greens from nearby Werp Farms and fresh local raspberries. You can substitute peppercress for a zippier flavor. I love the fresh goat cheese curd from Zingerman’s creamery in Ann Arbor
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.