« Back to the list of recipes
Trailside Oatmeal Treats
Home-made alternative as good as granola bars
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 13⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 11⁄2 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup raisins, cherries or other dried fruit
Cream the sugars, butter or margarine, peanut butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients. Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container. Makes 3 to 4 dozen.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.