« Back to the list of recipes
A creamy leek and potato soup, serve chilled.
By: Stella Otto
Photographer: Ontario Ministry of Agriculture
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 leeks, whites only, sliced thin
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Melt the butter in a heavy pot over medium-low heat, add leeks and sweat (but don’t brown them) for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and chicken stock. Simmer on low heat until the potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes, stirring often.
Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Cool. Whisk in half-and-half. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chives.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.