« Back to the list of recipes
A crisp spring salad with edible violet leaves and fresh herbs.
By: Elizabeth Edwards
Photographer: Todd Zawistowski
- 8 cups of mild baby greens, washed and drained
- 1 cup washed and drained violet leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, washed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon balm, washed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, washed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons violet vinegar
- 1 cup washed violet flowers
Combine first six ingredients in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl whisk together violet vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Drizzle over salad greens and toss. Arrange violet flowers on top. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.