« Back to the list of recipes
Wild Blueberry Muffins
Wild blueberry muffin recipe with blueberries frozen from summer but works well with cultivated blueberries.
By: Virginia Pierce
Virginia Pierce picks wild blueberries in July to freeze for the muffins she bakes through the winter, but cultivated blueberries work great in the recipe, too.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 400º F. Beat the egg, buttermilk, sugar, applesauce and oil together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to liquid mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in blueberries. Bake in greased muffin tins at 400º for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes 12.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.