« Back to the list of recipes
By: Jim Voltz
This recipe comes from Dinner On the Porch by Jim Voltz
You will need a 9-inch round or square, deep cake pan for this recipe. It does not do well in two shallow pans and then stacked.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 9-inch round or square, deep cake pan with butter
- Put the following into a large mixing bowl:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbls Safflower oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix well by stirring with a wire whisk
- Pour into greased cake pan and lightly drop on table to release any air bubbles from batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, prick a few holes in the top with a fork and pour ¼ cup fresh orange juice over cake
- Let cool for 10 minutes and turn out onto a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
To serve: Lightly dust the cake with confectioners sugar sifted through a strainer and serve at room temperature.
MyNorth Food & Wine Up North Newsletter
- Impress your guests with great recipes from area chefs and restaurants.
- Be in the know when it comes to our local wine scene.
- Stretch your dining dollars with seasonal restaurant specials for every budget.
All this and more when you subscribe to our FREE monthly e-newsletter, Food & Wine Up North. Start your free subscription today.