MyNorth.com’s 2011 Posh Patio Contest
Official Rules - No Purchase Necessary
Begins: 12:00 a.m. (midnight) EDT Friday July 18, 2011
Ends: 11:59 a.m. (midnight) EDT Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Open to residents of the continental United States.
1. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. Promotion begins 12:00 p.m. midnight EDT 7/18/2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. midnight EDT 8/16/2011. To enter visit MyNorth.com. Select the contest link; submit all required entry information and opt-in to receive future e-mails. You may only enter this promotion online. No other method of entry will be accepted. All entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. midnight EDT on 8/16/2011 to be eligible for the final drawing. One entry per person, please. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter is prohibited. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or failure, whether caused by website users, tampering, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this promotion and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, defect, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access to, or alteration of, entries.
To qualify for the drawing entrants must provide valid and correct information. Entries must be legible. Entries must include a valid name and email address. One entry per person will be permitted.
2. Prize and Winner Selection: One winner will be selected at random on 8/19/2011 from all entries received. Winner will receive:
A $2,200 certificate from Labadie’s Summer Place Casuals, in Beulah, MI (30 minutes west of Traverse City) to be redeemed on in-stock patio furniture or outdoor grills. Winner is responsible for pick up and delivery. Winner may purchase these services from Summer Place Casuals or make separate arrangements.
Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Prize will be awarded, and winner will be notified by e-mail. Prize is nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Sponsor and its Affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. Winner is required to respond to the e-mail notification within 72 hours and receive confirmation of their response. If winner is unreachable after 72 hours, or if winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received.
3. Eligibility: Promotion is open to legal residents of the continental United States, 21 years of age or older as of 7/18/2011 with some restrictions. Employees of the Sponsors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, website providers/webmasters and immediate family members (and those living in their same households) of each employee are not eligible. This offer is void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws. This offer is subject to all federal, state, local, municipal, provincial and local laws. By entering this Promotion, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and acknowledges that he/she has read the eligibility requirements and that he/she meets those requirements.
4. Prize Terms and Conditions: Prize is subject to availability and restrictions. This prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred, assigned or substituted. Delivery fees are the responsibility of the winner.
All sweepstakes entrants will agree to release claims against the Sponsor and other providers for this contest.
5. General Rules & Conditions:
1. Return of e-mail prize notification as undeliverable or failure of contestant to respond to notification may result in disqualification and alternate selection drawn.
2. Winners grant permission to MyNorth.com, Sponsor, and those acting under its authority, to use his/her name, likeness, voice and/or hometown, for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winner waives the right to review, inspect or approve the finished product wherein Winners’ name, likeness, voice and/or hometown appear.
3. Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of prizes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability or injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from this Promotion, any prize won or in any Promotion-related activity.
4. Any taxes related to the prize are the responsibility of the winners including 6% State of Michigan sales tax.
5. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion.
6. In its sole determination, MyNorth.com or Sponsor may disqualify any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Promotion or website, or who acts in violation of the Official Rules, or acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person.
7. Should any portion of the Promotion, in MyNorth’s or the Sponsor's sole opinion, be compromised by virus, software defects, non-authorized human intervention or other causes thus corrupting or impairing administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of entries, Sponsor may suspend, modify, or terminate the Promotion and randomly select winners from valid Internet entries received prior to such action.
6. Disputes: In the event of any dispute, all parties agree that the judgment and determination of Prism Publications, Inc. will be final and binding in the awarding of the prize. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the e-mail account used to enter the Promotion. The potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and its Affiliate Destinations and will not be returned to entrant.
7. Winner List: Name of winner will be available after 8/19/2011.
8. As a benefit of entering the Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Posh Patio Contest, entrants will receive 4 monthly email newsletters: MyNorth Getting Up North, MyNorth Outdoors, MyNorth Food & Wine, Northern Home & Cottage Style. Entrants may unsubscribe from any or all of these free monthly email newsletters at any time.
9. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
10. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Traverse City, Michigan, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Michigan State law, without reference to Michigan’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
11. The Sponsor of this Promotion is MyNorth Media a dba of Prism Publications, Inc. 148 E. Front St., Traverse City, MI 49684.