Northern Michigan Restaurants: If you've got the time to relax, we've got a Northern Michigan deck for you this Memorial Day Weekend. Working North, here's our Memorial Day Weekend Top 10 Deck Countdown:
10. Coho Cafe, Frankfort Hit the Frankfort beach, then hit the Bestie Bay-side deck at the Coho Cafe. Happy Hour, from 4 pm to 6 pm, sports a $9-and-under appie list (quesadillas, blts, chicken satay) and $2.75 for a house wine, beer or well drink. 231.352.6053, cohofrankfort.com.
9. Blu, Glen Arbor The tiny patio beachside at this gourmet restaurant may be the best kept secret in the North. Since there are no reservations for outside eating, you might have to wait your turn sitting on the beach looking out at Sleeping Bear Bay and the Manitou Islands. Darn. 231.334.2530, glenarborblu.com.
8. Boondocks, Glen Arbor The summertime see and be-seen scene on this giant deck in the middle of town offers live music and plenty of (tanned) elbow rubbing. 231.334.6444.
7. Ricks Cafe at the Cove, Leland A Chubby Mary and a seat on the Leland River with Lake Michigan lapping in the background. Summer, my friend, has officially begun. 231.256.9834, thecoveleland.com.
2. Whitecaps Restaurant, Petoskey Order up a shrimp caprese salad, maybe some apricot bleu cheese gratin and a couple of glasses and wine and you've got a deck date overlooking Little Traverse Bay. 231.348.7092, whitecapsrestaurant.com.