1 winner will be chosen
Prize winner will receive the following: A two-night ski vacation to Shanty Creek Resorts, a full-service three village resort located just northeast of Traverse City in Bellaire, Michigan. This fabulous giveaway package includes:
Includes all taxes and resort fees, Must make booking arrangements within 14 days of arrival. Subject to availability. Blackout Dates: Dec 24, 2011–Jan 2, 2012, and Feb 17–21, 2012. Expiration Date: March 25, 2012.
1. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. Promotion begins 12:00 p.m. EST November 15, 2011 and ends 11:59 p.m. MST January 3, 2012. To enter, visit MyNorth.com. Select the contest link; submit all required entry information and opt-in to receive future e-mails. You may only enter this promotion online. No other method of entry will be accepted. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. MST January 3, 2012, to be eligible for the final drawing. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter is prohibited. Promotion ends 11:59 p.m. MST January 3, 2012. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or failure, whether caused by website users, tampering, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this promotion and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, defect, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access to, or alteration of, entries.
To qualify for the drawing entrants must provide valid and correct information. Entries must be legible. Entries must include a valid name and email address.
2. Prize and Winner Selection: One winner will be selected on or near January 3, 2012. Winner will receive:
Includes all taxes and resort fees, Must make booking arrangements within 14 days of arrival. Subject to availability. Blackout Dates: Feb 17–21, 2012. Expiration Date: March 25, 2012.
As guests of Shanty Creek Resorts, winners are also subject to the following lodging policies of Shanty Creek Resorts, where applicable:
PLEASE NOTE: Both the entire Lakeview Hotel & Conference Center and The Lodge at Cedar River, along with, many managed condos and homes are smoke-free facilities. If smoking accommodations are desired please make a special request with the reservations department. Limited smoking accommodations are available in other facilities managed by the resort. Due to the high cost of maintaining a smoke-free environment within a guestroom a cleaning fee of $200 will be added to your account should it be found an individual or individuals have smoked in a non-smoking room associated with this confirmation.
We do require a credit card deposit equal to first night.s lodging to guarantee your reservation with us. This deposit will be charged to your credit or debit card upon completion of your booking.
We will gladly accept your debit card for transactions at our resort. When your debit card is utilized for this reservation your account will be debited for the deposit equal to the total of your first nights lodging.
Your deposit will be applied to the last night of your stay.
Reservations with the rate of WEBRATE are NON REFUNDABLE otherwise if you need to cancel or change the dates of your reservation please notify Shanty Creek Resorts Reservation Office no less than 5 days prior to the confirmed arrival date as shown above to avoid any penalties. Penalty charges equal one night's room rate, for room only reservations, and if on a package the entire package total. A $10.00 handling fee applies for all cancellations occurring more than 5 days before the above confirmed arrival date.
Shanty Creek Resorts gladly accepts requests for specific room locations, bedding types, and smoking/non-smoking preferences. Every effort to provide the requests will be made by the staff, however, requests are not guaranteed and are subject to availability. Requests can only be confirmed at the time of arrival.
In response to our guest requests to simplify billing and offer exciting services for all registered guests to enjoy while visiting an 9% daily resort fee is charges. This fee provides services and entrances to the Fitness Center, pools, village shuttle service, daily (M-F) paper, concierge services, wireless Internet access, limited activity department programs and many other services. State tax is currently 6% and our Tourism Assessment is 2% and may change without notice. Individuals requesting tax exempt status must provide a copy of a valid exempt form along with payment using the tax exempt organization's credit card.
Check in time begins at 6:00 PM or as rooms become available thereafter. Individuals arriving early may be accommodated for an early check-in providing the confirmed room type is both clean and vacant at the time of arrival. If arriving early and your confirmed room is not available the resort's Bell Service will happily secure your luggage.
Check out time is prior to 12:00 PM. If a meeting, event or leisure activity will postpone departure past checkout time, the resort.s Bell Service can secure your luggage. Late departure arrangements may be possible. Please call the Front Desk on the day of check out for rates and availability. Guests may use the Fitness Center locker room to change clothes or freshen up.
Please visit www.shantycreek.com to learn more about enhancing your stay by adding Snowsports, Spa, Activities or dining at one of the many Restaurants. Reservations are required on many activities, so please call today to have a reservation professional help enhance your visit.
Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Prizes will be awarded and winner will be notified by e-mail. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Sponsor and its Affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. Winners are required to respond to the e-mail notification within 72 hours and receive confirmation of their response. If winner is unreachable after 72 hours, or if winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received.
3. Eligibility: Promotion open to legal residents of the Continental United States, 21 years of age or older as of November 18, 2011 with some restrictions. Employees of the Sponsors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, website providers/webmasters and immediate family members (and those living in their same households) of each employee are not eligible. This offer is void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws. This offer is subject to all federal, state, local, municipal, provincial and local laws. By entering this Promotion, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and acknowledges that they have read the eligibility requirements and that he/she meets those requirements.
4. Prize Terms and Conditions: Prizes are subject to availability and restrictions. Dates that the Shanty Creek Resorts are available are defined and cannot be changed without consent of the Shanty Creek Resorts. Winners are responsible for transportation to and from Shanty Creek Resorts. All taxes, gratuities and incidental expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. These prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred, assigned or substituted.
Prize is based on 6 people occupying the accommodations. No Pets. Shanty Creek Resorts will collect a credit card upon arrival to cover any incidental expenses charged to the room.
All sweepstakes entrants will agree to release claims against the sponsor and other providers for this contest.
5. General Rules & Conditions:
A. Return of e-mail prize notification as undeliverable or failure of contestant to respond to notification may result in disqualification and alternate selection drawn.
B. Winners grant permission to MyNorth.com, Sponsor, and those acting under its authority, to use his/her name, likeness, voice and/or hometown, for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winners waive the right to review, inspect or approve the finished product wherein Winners’ name, likeness, voice and/or hometown appear.
C. Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of prizes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability or injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from this Promotion, any prize won or in any Promotion-related activity.
D. Any taxes related to the prize are the responsibility of the winners. This prize package value exceeds $600 and MyNorth.com will report this prize to the IRS for appropriate taxes.
E. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion.
F. In its sole determination, MyNorth.com or Sponsor may disqualify any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Promotion or website, or who acts in violation of the Official Rules, or acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person.
G. Should any portion of the Promotion, in MyNorth’s or the Sponsor's sole opinion, be compromised by virus, software defects, non-authorized human intervention or other causes thus corrupting or impairing administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of entries, Sponsor may suspend, modify, or terminate the Promotion and randomly select winners from valid Internet entries received prior to such action.
6. Disputes: In the event of any dispute, all parties agree that the judgment and determination of Prism Publications, Inc. will be final and binding in the awarding of the prize. In event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the e-mail account used to enter the Promotion. The potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and its Affiliate Destinations and will not be returned to entrant.
7. Winners' List: Names of the winners will be available after February 1, 2012.
8. All entrants will be subscribed to four free email newsletters, Getting Up North, Outdoors, MyNorth Style and Food & Wine Up North, which provide articles on Northern Michigan travel news, discounts, deals and promotions including more contests like this one. Entrants may unsubscribe at any time for free.