Northern Michigan Events: Load everyone in the car and head to Michigan Legacy Art Park, located at Crystal Mountain Resort and Spa in Thompsonville, for Family Day! The Art Park will open their gates to the public for this fun annual fall event from 1:00-4:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 7, 2012 for a day of nature and creativity exploration with friends and family.
The public is invited to explore their creativity and the Art Park through hands-on art projects, a new photo scavenger hunt, and even a workshop where everyone can learn a song on the harmonica. There will be projects for adults and children and tours to view the colorful fall landscape and the sculpture collection including the newest artwork, Michigan, by artist Brian Ferriby. Boy and Girl Scouts can earn one of two patches by touring the Park and completing the patch activity book. Admission is $3 per person or $10 per household and includes hot apple cider and fresh donuts.
Here's all that you can do!
· Create your own artwork from wire with sculptor Bob Purvis
· Learn to play a song on the harmonica with Michael Beveridge
· Create a bird out of pinecones & feathers with artist Patricia Innis
· Create your own secret space using materials found in nature
· Other art projects include texture drawings & creative writing
· Bring your camera and do the new photo scavenger hunt
· Play Art Park bingo while hiking with young children
· Take a guided hiking tour
For those with limited mobility, golf cart tours will be available throughout the day—since seating is limited, call the Art Park office at (231) 378-4963 to make your reservation in advance.