The Traverse City Film Festival is asking, "Do you think Traverse City is great?" If the answer is yes, they want you to make a short film that shows why. You’ll be a hero amongst the locals who will get a kick out of a short film that celebrates Traverse City, but there’s more: Cash.
Sponsored by FIM Group, top prizes are $1,000, $500 and $250 with several $100 runner-up awards and all winning short films will be shown before feature films during the 2010 Traverse City Film Festival.
The contest is called the 2010 Bumper Contest; "bumper" is the proper term for short films that play before feature films. Here is some of what you need to know:
- The film needs to be themed around the topic "Traverse City"
- Length of 20 to 60 seconds
- Submitted on DVD (higher resolutions are welcome if your trailer is selected)
- Above-average production values
- Deadline: June 20,2010.
- Entries should be submitted by email or on DVD by June 20, 2010. Preview versions of trailers may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions on DVD should be mailed to TCFF Trailers, P.O. Box 4064, Traverse City, MI 49685.
Click here for some tips from the Traverse City Film Festival as well as the fine print you really do need to know before you grab your camera and head out.