CFS Recruiting Volunteers to Help Staff 11 Locations on Saturday, September 17
Traverse City, MI (August 24, 2016)—Northern Home & Cottage magazine, a publication of MyNorth Media, announced today that its annual Traverse City area home tour, on Saturday, September 17 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., has 11 beautiful, thoughtfully designed locations from Traverse City to Omena and Leland. Proceeds from the tour tickets, available for $20 on MyNorthTickets.com, benefit Child & Family Services of Northwest Michigan.
“We are so grateful to these homeowners,” says Deborah Wyatt Fellows, president and editor in chief of MyNorth Media, “who open their homes for children and families all over Northern Michigan.” Fellows says that last year, the overall proceeds of the two dates of the Northern Home & Cottage Tour generated $14,045.93 for Child & Family Services. The donation allows the organization to support programs like its Paper Angels project, which provides Christmas presents to Northern Michigan families.
The Northern Home & Cottage Tour September Tour highlights:
• Black is the new black: black doors, black cabinetry and black railing on an open loft hallway
• Hybrid timber frame gives a home a timber look for less: pine-paneled, vaulted ceiling spanned by twin 20-foot arched white pine beams
• Net-zero solar powered roost—home—on the rim of a glacial kettle with ravens rendered on the Argentinian tiles of the kitchen backsplash
• A pantry roomy enough for appliances
• A not-to-be missed floor of 4” x 6” slices of the ends of boards—10,000 of them, all hand laid by the homeowner
• Two examples of vinyl floors that hold up to kids, dogs, sand and a designer’s standard for good taste
• A walk-in closet that houses the washer and dryer
• A net-zero solar home and a lovely pool, with energy efficient details including a bathroom water heater that starts heating when you walk into the room
Free Bonus Sessions on Energy Efficiency & High-Performance Construction
As an added bonus this year, there are two sessions on high-performance construction and renewable energy at home #8, Energy Efficient, at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
On Saturday, October 15, the Northern Home & Cottage Tour presents Petoskey area homes, in time for color tour season. Proceeds from that event also benefit Child & Family Services.
Volunteer to Staff the Tours & Help Child & Family Services
Each of the 11 homes on the tour is staffed at the door by volunteers from Child & Family Services.
“Our volunteers love to work this tour,” says Teri Hedrich, volunteer coordinator for Child & Family Services. “The homes are always gorgeous. The tour raises a lot of money. And our volunteers get to go on the tour after their shift.”
To volunteer, fill out the form at: https://mynorthtickets.wufoo.com/forms/volunteer-for-2016-northern-home-cottage-tour/
Combo Tickets for both the Sept. 17 TC Tour and the Oct. 15 Petoskey Tour are available for $26.
Sept. Traverse City area Tour prices are $20 online and at the door. (Note: Petoskey only tour tickets go on sale by mid-August.)
About MyNorth Media
MyNorth Media, founded as Prism Publications Inc. more than 35 years ago by Deborah Wyatt Fellows, publishes Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine, Northern Home & Cottage, MyNorth Vacation Guide and MyNorth Wedding, in addition to several other print and online publications. It also produces MyNorth.com, the online home of Traverse Magazine, ShopMyNorth.com and MyNorthTickets.com, Northern Michigan’s ticket source.
#2016 #Grand_Traverse_County #Leelanau_County #Home_&_Cottage #Home_Tour