MyNorth Media, located in Traverse City, Michigan, seeks a sales professional who has proven experience working with businesses to help them achieve their marketing goals. This experienced sales professional will represent the 35-year-old, award winning publication, Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine, MyNorth.com, one of Michigan’s most successful websites, 11 more magazines and five enewsletters. The ideal candidate is a strategic sales professional, comfortable with an array of media products from print to digital, who enjoys meeting and working with businesses of all sizes. Must be an independent, organized and ambitious person who builds relationships and territories and who believes in consultant selling as well as commitment to the company’s vision. Established accounts. Send resume to [email protected].
Immediate full time position open for full stack developer to join a fast-growing SaaS project in Traverse City, MI. Join a small, outstanding team working on features, fixes and integrations on this robust project. Looking for self-starter who values a structured yet nimble build, test and deploy process and who thrives in an innovative environment. Located in Traverse City, MI, the company is 35 years old, stable and well funded and offers the opportunity to join a growing software company located in a fantastic place to live. Send resume to [email protected]
Develop and expand features and products using a variety of programming languages
Review project requirements and write technical specifications
Debug, test, and fix errors
Document code development and revisions
Create and use software tools to help automate writing code
Previous experience in programming and software development
Proven Rails experience
Knowledge of Java, node.js, and other programming languages
Experience with Jenkins and Chef helpful
Familiarity with relational databases
Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Strong attention to detail
Send resume to [email protected]
MyNorth.com offers 10-week to 12-week editorial internships during the summer, winter and fall. Summer internships run May through July/August, and interns work 20–30 hours per week. Hours, and compensation, can be adjusted during the school year.
Summer internship applications are needed by the end of March. To apply, please provide three writing samples and a résumé to [email protected] Summer 2019 internships have been filled.
Work should be fun, especially when you’re Up North. Our interns have gone fishing on Lake Michigan, biked the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail, enjoyed a cocktail on the deck of Michigan’s newest distillery, kayaked Grand Traverse Bay and flown in helicopters—on the job. We live, work and play in Northern Michigan.
- We offer a $1,000 stipend for 10-week internships (20 hours per week). Amount adjusted for shorter/longer terms.
- Interns participate in editorial planning meetings—print and digital.
- MyNorth/Traverse editors work one-on-one with interns offering feedback and help on stories.
- Our work schedule is flexible—it is definitely possible to get a second job and complete this internship.
While we’re open to all majors, journalism and writing majors will be given preference. – Be able to manage deadlines and work independently.
Must love Northern Michigan!
Conduct interviews in person or via phone with local business owners, park supervisors, area professionals, etc.
Create engaging, original content for print, digital and social—Q&As, profiles, travel roundups, etc. – Shoot photos/videos with cell phone or MyNorth camera.
Articles by Past Interns
- 9 Winery Patios in Northern Michigan with Gorgeous Views
- TC’s Best Kept Secret: A Journey to Find the Speakeasy With No Name
- The Vogue Theatre’s Economic Ripple Effect in Downtown Manistee
- How to Polish Petoskey Stones + Video
To apply for an editorial internship, please provide three writing samples and a résumé to [email protected]
MyNorth Tickets Intern
MyNorthTickets, a division of MyNorth Media in Traverse City is looking for a young professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to engage with clients with a love of a fast moving, nimble environment. This position is perfect for the individual who likes to work independently, take ownership of goals and success and collaborate with both creative and technical people. The ideal candidate is seeking experience in marketing, event management and/or sales.
Our internships are flexible. We work around the intern’s work schedule to come up with roughly 20 hours per week for 12 weeks. We offer a stipend at the end of $1,000. School credit provided.
Duties include (but aren’t limited to):
- Writing event focused articles
- Creating and maintaining client reports & media mention clips
- Event logistics, ticket purchases, ticket scanning, staffing, photographing and follow up on events
- Creating & maintaining contact lists
- Conduct social media engagement and growth
- Client research and audits
- Connect with & upload events to outside calendars
- Work with sales on client prospecting and on-boarding
- Focus in marketing, public relations, sales, event management or any related field
- Availability to work occasional weekend days to staff & oversee event logistics for clients