The Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square is a BRAND NEW, 139 room hotel located off of US 131 in Petoskey, Michigan.Â This new hotel is scheduled to open July 2019.Â Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square has partnered with American Hospitality Management and will offer a work experience unlike any other, where youâll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. AHM presents opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions as well as to learn, develop, and grow your career for the future. With this hotel opening, we are searching for engaged and caring individuals who are energetically ready to work hard for success.
We are currently searching for Bistro Cooks to join our team at the NEW (currently under construction, scheduled to open July of 2019) Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square, Petoskey, Michigan. Candidates must possess excellent customer service and produce high guest satisfaction ratings. The right candidate must possess a friendly, courteous demeanor to all guests and fellow team members.Â Strive to deliver a âwowâ factor of hospitality to all guests.Â Candidate must be able to work some weekends, holidays, multi-task and deal in a fast paced environment.Â We are looking to hire Bistro Cooks positions prior to opening date.Â This is a non-exempt, full and part time positions available.
Prepare, season and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts.Â Keep track of kitchen line supplies as well as in assisting with menu planning (specials).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing with utensils, thermometers.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes approved by the franchise and owner/operator, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food in a timely manner.
- Wash, peel, cut and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare for consumption.
- Consult with management staff to assist in planning menus (special events) taking into consideration factors such as costs and labor involved.
- Periodically inspect and clean food preparation areas such as equipment and work surfaces or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills and roasters.
- Comply with local, state and federal health code mandated guidelines.
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen area per local health codes.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
This hotel operates seven (7) days a week, twenty- four (24) hours per day. All employees both management and hourly must realize this fact and be willing to hold a flexible schedule that includes: nights, weekends and holidays
More jobs at Courtyard by Marriott