Food Services Assistant
Petoskey KOA (PKO)
Do you enjoy providing others with exceptional customer service? We are looking for a Food Services Assistant to prepare food items at one of our RV resort locations.
As a Food Services Assistant you’ll also be responsible for preparing and serving food items, cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining the kitchen and surrounding areas.
* Perform shift opening and closing duties as assigned.
* Greet customers, present menus, take food orders, and expedite them as necessary. Obtain knowledge of each food product and ingredients to assist customer with questions.
* Serve food and attend to customer’s needs.
* Prepare food ordered by customers using a variety of kitchen equipment (grills, ovens, fryers, meat slicers, food processors, etc.), including general preparation of salads, sandwiches, desserts, and other items.
* Operate cash register and receive payment from the customer in cash or credit card, and accurately count and provide change to customers when applicable.
* Clear and clean tables, run the dishwasher and/or sanitizer, and restock utensils, plates, food, and condiments throughout shift.
* Maintain cooking areas and ensure kitchen equipment and food storage areas are clean, sanitary, and organized as required by the Health Department Rules and Regulations; report any kitchen equipment or maintenance issues to manager.
* Sweep and clean kitchen, bistro and patio areas as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Education (some HS education required)
* Previous restaurant experience, preferred
* Must be able to pass the Safe Food Handler Certificate Program within 60 days from date of hire
* Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation and presentation
* Basic math skills
* Ability to interact with a variety of people
* Professional appearance
* Excellent customer service and communication skills
* Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use email and internet
At Sun RV Resorts, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with an award-winning work environment and awesome perks!
* Online access to view and update personal information, review paystubs, annual W2s, and more
* Participation in company-wide SunRewards program
* Team Member Perks & Benefits Program with hundreds of discounts on things like mobile phone service, travel, retail, and more
* Access to hundreds of online learning modules via Sun University
* Vacation RV site rent discounts at SunRV Resorts nationwide
More jobs at Sun Communities