The Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square is a BRAND NEW, 139 room hotel located off of US 131 in Petoskey, Michigan.Â This new hotel is scheduled to open July 2019.Â Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square has partnered with American Hospitality Management and will offer a work experience unlike any other, where youâll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. AHM presents opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions as well as to learn, develop, and grow your career for the future. With this hotel opening, we are searching for engaged and caring individuals who are energetically ready to work hard for success.
We are currently searching for Guest Service Representatives/Front Desk Agents to join our team at the NEW (currently under construction, scheduled to open July of 2019) Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square, Petoskey, Michigan. Candidates must possess excellent customer service and produce high guest satisfaction ratings. The Guest Service Representative/Front Desk Agent position offers a unique opportunity for the right candidates who are seeking to excel in the hotel hospitality industry.Â The Guest Service Representative/Front Desk Agent establishes the guest’s first impression of our hotel. The right candidate must possess a friendly, courteous demeanor to all guests and fellow team members.Â Strive to deliver a âwowâ factor of hospitality to all guests.Â Candidate must be able to work some weekends, holidays, multi-task and deal in a fast paced environment.Â We are looking to hire the Guest Service Representative/Front Desk Agent positions prior to opening date.Â This is a non-exempt, full and part time positions with AM & PM shifts available.
Responsible for greeting and welcoming guests to the hotel.Â Completes check-in and/or check-out of the guests stay.Â Accommodates special requests, follow thru with established check-in/out procedures.Â Â
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet customers promptly with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as hotel amenities and local attractions.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Complete registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the computer system, confirming information including number of guests and room rate. Promote all marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and areaâs attractions.
- Promptly answer the telephone using a clear speaking voice. Answer telephone with the hotelâs scripted greeting. Input messages into the computer and retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested. Ensure all guest correspondences are kept confidential.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and inquire guest of satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, contact management immediately.
- Resolve issues such as location changes, providing additional room amenities and credit issues.
- Record guest comments or complaints by listening and offering assistance in order to resolve any problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating/cooling, etc.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
This hotel operates seven (7) days a week, twenty- four (24) hours per day. All employees both management and hourly must realize this fact and be willing to hold a flexible schedule that includes: nights, weekends and holidays
More jobs at Courtyard by Marriott