The Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square is a BRAND NEW, 139 room hotel located off of US 131 in Petoskey, Michigan.Â This new hotel is scheduled to open July 2019.Â Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square has partnered with American Hospitality Management and will offer a work experience unlike any other, where youâll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. AHM presents opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions as well as to learn, develop, and grow your career for the future. With this hotel opening, we are searching for engaged and caring individuals who are energetically ready to work hard for success.
We are currently searching for Housepersons/Public Space Attendants to join our team at the NEW (currently under construction, scheduled to open July of 2019) Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square, Petoskey, Michigan. Candidates must possess excellent customer service and produce high guest satisfaction ratings. The right candidate must possess a friendly, courteous demeanor to all guests and fellow team members.Â Strive to deliver a âwowâ factor of hospitality to all guests.Â Candidate must be able to work some weekends, holidays, multi-task and deal in a fast paced environment.Â We are looking to hire Housepersons/Public Space Attendant positions prior to opening date.Â This is a non-exempt, full and part time positions available.
This position is responsible for maintaining quality cleanliness of all assigned areas of public and common areas, including non-guest areas as designated by the manager.Â Â
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of hotel public/common areas while keeping with standards set by the Housekeeping Manager and General Manager.
- Comply with all safety guidelines.
- Assist guests with all questions and reasonable requests.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean and tidy.
- Perform any laundry duties.
- Reviews daily inventory of supplies to ensure completed assignments.
- Acknowledges and greets guests with a friendly greeting.
- Picks up litter in hallways, common areas and exterior.
- Cleaning of common areas to include, but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, cleaning lobby bathrooms, picking up trash, mopping floors and empty wastebaskets.
- Perform basic maintenance in common areas as well as assist for basic maintenance needed in guest rooms such as changing light bulbs and batteries for T.V. remotes.
- Make deliveries to guest rooms for requested items, such as: cribs, bedding, linens, and amenities.
- Reviews daily inventory with supervisor of arrivals, rooms and departures.
- Notify Housekeeping Manager and/or Chief Engineer of any repair requests needed for common areas.
- Complete any special projects as directed by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Properly log, track and secure any lost and found items.
- Assist any other staff members prior to departure for the day.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
This hotel operates seven (7) days a week, twenty- four (24) hours per day. All employees both management and hourly must realize this fact and be willing to hold a flexible schedule that includes: nights, weekends and holidays
More jobs at Courtyard by Marriott