EJ has an immediate opening for a Logistics Coordinator.
Generous Benefit Package that includes: Vacation & Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, 401K (with match), Life Insurance, etc.
About EJ: We are the leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications, and utility networks. We have a presence worldwide and our corporate headquarters is in East Jordan, Michigan.
The core strength of our business is our dedicated employees. Employees who embrace our values, understand the importance of relationships, and strive for excellence.Â Our values, which have been passed down for generations, are the essence of our companyâs identity and our guide for making decisions.Â Core values at EJ include, safety and security, honesty and integrity, environmental responsibility, respect for others, quality and excellence, and social responsibility.
EJ is a family owned company and remains one of the most stable, progressive, well-tooled manufacturing companies in the world.
Location: Sunfield, Michigan
Directs and coordinates daily product movement of inbound and outbound loads using logistics technology. Responsible for exceptional customer service throughout the supply chain to meet planned delivery schedule. Finds effective and economical solutions to meet logistics needs throughout company. A successful candidate will have excellent communication and leadership skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes safety awareness, accident prevention, and employee involvement with regard to a safe work environment. Â Â Â Ensures employees understand the safety expectations of the organization.
- Promotes the company culture, the mission and vision, and the core values of the company.
- Analyzes contractual commitments, variances, customer specifications and other data to plan and develop a successful logistics program.
- Develops and implements program activities, coordinates requirements of vendors, company departments, manufacturing and branch sales personnel. Resolves problems in area of logistics to ensure meeting of contractual commitments.
- Develops and initiates preparation of handbooks, bulletins, and workflow processes that provide logistics support.
- Utilize current transportation management system to support daily logistics function. Research and help implement upgraded TMS.
- Performs data analysis for special projects or technical studies critical to logistic support functions.
- Utilizes company business systems to analyze and optimize logistics operations.
- Examines, researches and evaluates methods of transporting raw materials, in-process materials, scrap and finished goods and analyzes and reports the cost and efficiency of those processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelorâs degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, and one to two years of logistics-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of transportation management system, electronic logging device, and international shipping helpful but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.Â
More jobs at EJ- Americas